Thursday, January 20, 2011

Book Review- H.G. Wells- War of the Worlds

H.G. Wells- War of the Worlds (Moby Books1983) 4 Stars

Martians have come to earth. A timeless classic, so I really do not need to explain the book. I loved this book when I read it as a kid and I loved it this time when I read it. I do not normally like science fiction, but this one is a must read. I love the main character and how he is struggling to cope with everything that is going on, yet he does not ever give up hope, even though he comes close to brink at several points. I thought it was interesting how Wells starts the whole alien fad, and yet no one else has really come anywhere close to his description of an alien. I also found the end rather interesting in how he has everything turn out. Wells was a fantastic author with a lot of skill and I definitely recommend reading this classic.

For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com

Tony Peters

Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping

http://authortonypeters.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!