Friday, November 5, 2010

Book Review- Jeffery Deaver- Shallow Graves



Jeffery Deaver- Shallow Graves (Pocket star Books 2000) 3.5 Stars



John Pellam is a movie location scout. Coming into the town of Cleary he never would have imagined that his life was about to change. Things are falling apart in their movie deal and a brutal murder has Pellam trapped in a twisted web of violence. He has to figure out what is going on before it is too late.



I was not impressed by the way this book started it was a little slow and boring. It did, however pick up that pace as it went, true to Deaver’s reputation. The latter half was very interesting and had some great twists. I love the character of Pellam, he is very likeable and I would certainly consider reading another book with this character in it. The action scenes were enjoyable and intense, which made for a gripping last half. However I did not think that the ending was as strong as it could have been, though it wasn’t terrible either. Overall I wasn’t overly impressed; it was just an average read for me. I have certainly seen better by this amazing author.



For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com



Tony Peters


Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping


http://authortonypeters.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!