Saturday, November 27, 2010

Book Review- James Ellison- Panic Room



James Ellison- Panic Room (Pocket Books 2002) 3.5 Stars



When Meg gets a divorce, she decides to move to a new home with her daughter. She never expected the home to have a panic room, nor that she would end up needing it. Three men break into her home on their first night in the home and suddenly she finds herself protecting her daughter in a desperate attempt to stay alive. Hiding away in the panic room, they watch as the men attempt to gain access.



I watched this movie when it came out, which is the reason why I grabbed this book when I saw it. The movie was okay and the book followed suit. It was an okay book that got off to a very slow start. It did pick up about a third of the way through and it was pretty fast-paced from then on. I was finding that it did lack a little depth and could have been written a little stronger. I did enjoy the book though, mostly the intensity. I would have also liked stronger character development, as I found it lacking that department. Overall it was an okay book, and I am undecided about whether or not I would recommend it.



For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com



Tony Peters


Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping


http://authortonypeters.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Great review! I've seen the movie and would probably have picked up the book if I saw it on the shelf, too. I may not be rushing out to get it anytime soon, but maybe I'll try to read it someday.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!