Saturday, October 16, 2010

Book Review- Linwood Barclay- Too Close to Home



Linwood Barclay- Too Close to Home (Bantam Books 2009) 3.5 Stars



The family next door to the Cutter family is brutally murdered one night in the quiet town of Promise Falls, where the most action comes from the misfit mayor. Now the Cutter family is wondering if they are going to be next. Coming to surface are deep secrets everyone had hoped would stay hidden in the past and things are just a little too close to home.



This novel is not as good as the first novel I read by Barclay, but was decent. I did find that it did not really grab your attention until the last half of the book, but then the last half draws you in and won’t let you go. It had some great twists to it some I saw coming, but the big one I certainly had no idea it was going to happen. I also did not see it ending the way it did. I did enjoy the characters; they fit into their roles wonderfully and were all deep enough for whatever position they were in. I especially liked the humorous mayor. I do wish that it had had a more interesting start, but that being said it was not a boring start. Barclay seems to have knack for twists and for ending well. I would recommend this novel to anyone looking for a good thriller.



For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com



Tony Peters


Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping


http://authortonypeters.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!