Sunday, October 31, 2010

Book Review- David Morrell- Scavenger



David Morrell- Scavenger (Vanguard Press 2007) 4.25 Stars



When Frank Balenger wakes up after being drugged, he finds that the woman he loves is now missing and both of them seem to be trapped inside some sick game. The Game Master is pulling the strings, giving them instructions on what to do. They can choose to follow instructions and search for a 100-year-old time capsule, or disobey, but the consequences of disobedience are deadly.



The introduction to this book made me wish that I had read the previous instalment in this series, as I kind of felt like I was missing something. I picked up the gist of it quickly and it did not take long to get into this book. It draws your attention in and makes it difficult to put the book down. I enjoyed how the plot was intense and fast-paced. It weaves a web of clues that takes the characters on a trip of horror, through some psychopath’s idea of a game. I did think that the characters were a little weak, as if the author was relying on the fact that you have read the previous book. The setting made up for this though as it included some very interesting areas to explore. It was an interesting idea for a novel and I would recommend reading it, but would also recommend reading Creepers first, as this book will make more sense; I will be looking for it.



For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com



Tony Peters


Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping


http://authortonypeters.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!