Friday, August 6, 2010

Book Review- Jeffery Deaver- The Bodies Left Behind


Jeffery Deaver- The Bodies Left Behind (Pocket Star Books 2008) 3.75 Stars

Brynn McKenzie is an off-duty deputy, who has just been sent to check out a 911 call at a vacation home by Lake Mondac. When she arrives she finds a horrifying scene. A couple has been murdered and the murderers are still there. Forced to run or die, she takes off into the woods and finds a survivor of the attack. Being hunted down she must try to keep both herself and the survivor alive.

At first I wasn’t sure about this one, but knowing Deaver’s great ability for suspense I kept reading. It did not take long to improve and make me glad that I kept reading. This book had many twists and turns which made it so that you never knew what was coming next. At times it seemed that there were a few too many twists. I did enjoy the fact that the main characters were well crafted and seemed realistic. The setting was painted beautifully in my mind through Deaver’s great ability to describe the scene. I did find that things seemed to fall into place a little too easily at times, but the characters were supposed to be smart so it could be attributed to that, even so I would have liked to have seen things be a little less coincidental.

I do recommend this book to Deaver fans and those who enjoy a good thriller.

For more of my book reviews check out my website, http://www.tonypeters.webs.com/

Tony Peters
Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping
www.eloquentbooks.com/kidsonacase.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!