Friday, July 30, 2010

Book Review- Tim LaHaye and Greg Dinallo- Babylon Rising



Tim LaHaye and Greg Dinallo- Babylon Rising (Dell Publishing 2004) 3.25 Stars



Michael Murphy, a Biblical archaeologist, has stumbled upon a secret that has been buried for thousands of years. Now he finds himself surrounded by danger, hunted down by evil in its purest form. He must go to the ends of the earth to hunt down pieces of an artifact that once put together could spell disaster for the earth if they fall into the wrong hands or it could mean saving the earth if Murphy gets a hold of it and puts it into the right hands. The question is can he survive long enough to complete his mission?



The introduction for this book was odd, I couldn’t quite figure out if I liked it or not. I was up and down with this one right from the beginning. It had its really good parts, but it also has its really boring parts. The actual plot was quite well done and was gripping; however there was a lot of interesting historical facts/conjecture that slowed down the book quite a bit. This worked to give background information, giving the book a well-rounded feeling, but I did feel it was slightly overdone. The characters were very deep and I was surprised at how good they were. Overall though I thought that this book was just average as it did not really grab me.



For more of my book reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com



Tony Peters


Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping


http://authortonypeters.blogspot.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!