Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Book Review- William W. Johnstone- Return of the Mountain Man



William W. Johnstone- Return of the Mountain Man (Pinnacle Books 2000) 4 Stars



After Smoke Jensen’s wife, father, son, and mentor are all brutally murdered, Smoke Jensen is looking for revenge. The killers have taken refuge in the town of Bury, a mining town that they own, bought with stolen money. Stratton, Potter, and Richards, the men responsible for the killings, have hired a bunch of gunslingers to hunt down Smoke Jensen and protect them from him. If Smoke has his way the three will die, and the town will burn down to the ground. Years after the murder he still has an itch for revenge.



I love this series. This is a great western series filled with action, but still manages to have a decent plot, not great, but good for a western. I love the characters in this novel. Smoke is an interesting man with good characteristics and morals. I also enjoy the mountain men as they are fun and a great creation. The action in the book was not the most realistic, but what western is? The historical time period is always a plus in my books, but I won’t go on about that considering I say it all the time. I definitely recommend this book/series as it is written by a talented author, who knows how to keep things interesting.



For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com



Tony Peters


Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping


www.eloquentbooks.com/kidsonacase.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!