Monday, May 3, 2010

Book Review- Jeffery Deaver- The Bone Collector



Jeffery Deaver- The Bone Collector (Signet 1999) 4 Stars



After a freak accident at the crime scene Lincoln Rhyme is left a C4 quadriplegic. Before that he was known as the best criminalist in his field. Now he is being drawn back into the investigative world as a killer, the Bone Collector, roams the streets of New York. Now he must rely on someone else to be his eyes and ears at the crime scenes. Detective Amelia Sachs, although reluctant, is forced to do this job simply because Rhyme has asked for her specifically. They must rush to find the clues before the next victim perishes. How many will die before they figure things out?



The Bone Collector is the first in the Lincoln Rhyme series and I wish that I had started with this one as it helps the reader understand the characters better and gives the reader more background knowledge. It was a little harder to get into as I already knew how this pair ends up in the rest of the series, but this would not have been a problem if I had started with this book. I enjoyed the villain as he was very smart and he was not anyone that the reader would have expected. Deaver is the king of twists and he proves it with this ending. I love this series and now that I know how it all began I am going to enjoy these books more. I did wonder if anyone could possibly know as many stupid facts that are important to the case as Rhyme seems to in every book, but I guess some people just have better memories than mine.



I recommend The Bone Collector and the Lincoln Rhyme series to thriller fans.



For more of my book reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com



Tony Peters


Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping


www.eloquentbooks.com/kidsonacase.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!