Sunday, April 11, 2010

Book Review- Eric Wilson- The Unmasking of ‘Ksan



Eric Wilson- The Unmasking of ‘Ksan (HarperCollins 2003) 3.5 Stars



When a famous and valuable mask is stolen from Dawn, her people are devastated. The mask is an integral part of there people’s history, making the theft a personal slight against her people. Dawn is being blamed for the theft and she is turning to the one friend who seems to be standing by her side, Graham. Together they must dig for clues and go up against the criminals responsible. Taking place in the mountains of British Columbia there are many places to hide and even more to investigate.



I found this novel to be a refreshing breather from Wilson’s Tom and Liz Austen series. It was nice to see that he can write about someone other than his main two characters. I love British Columbia as it is where I was born. As a result I loved the setting of this novel and found it interesting to learn about the culture of this Native American group. I also enjoyed learning about Graham as he is new to Eric Wilson novels. The plot was an interesting one, although the amount of teaching once again kind of slowed things down. The ending was fairly good and even a little surprising, although most of it I had seen coming, still he did throw in a twist that I did not expect.



I recommend The Unmasking of ‘Ksan to kids who fall into that middle reader group.



For more of my book reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com



Tony Peters


Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping


ww.eloquentbooks.com/kidsonacase.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!