Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Book Review- Lisa Jackson- Deep Freeze



Lisa Jackson- Deep Freeze (Zebra 2005) 3.25 Stars



Jenna Hughes is a beautiful actress on the top of her game. After disaster strikes the set of film, White Out, her sister is killed. To get away from the fame and her sister’s memory she runs to a farm in secluded Iowa. Suddenly her life thrown into turmoil again as she discovers that she is the target of a psychopath, who wants nothing more than to be with her, even is she has to die to make it happen. Women begin to disappear and die all around her and there is nothing she can do to stop it. Meanwhile Sheriff Carter is trying to solve the case and save Jenna from the murderer.



I found Deep Freeze to be alright. The plot and storyline were strong and well-developed. It was fairly intriguing, although at times I did get a little bit bored. The beginning kind of grabs your attention and then there is a bit about the case only to drop off for awhile. The ending was unpredictable, which is great to see from an author. I also liked the depth of the main characters, although I would have liked to learn a bit more about the Sheriff. The fact that everyone seemed to have a crush on Jenna Hughes was a little bit too much for me though as it was kind of sickening. Overall though I was kind of expecting a little bit more, maybe it was the fact that her books come so highly recommended. This book seems to be more for a female audience than a male one.



For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com



Tony Peters


Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping


www.eloquentbooks.com/kidsonacase.html



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!