Saturday, November 7, 2009

Book Review- Gordon Korman- On The Run: The Fugitive Factor

Gordon Korman- On The Run: The Fugitive Factor (Scholastic Inc. 2005) 3.5 Stars

Aiden and Meg Falconer have lost their parents to the FBI. The charges that took their parents are wrong and these two must find the evidence to prove what no one else seems willing to believe. Breaking laws across the states they fight to stay out of the grasps of the law. Meanwhile Hairless Joe, a hit man, is trying to hunt them down and end their search for the truth.

Being the second book in a series, it took me a bit to figure out what was going on. The storyline though is very interesting and if I could get my hands on the rest of the series I would. Meg and Aiden are great characters who have one goal in mind, to free their parents. This noble cause gets them into some very odd and fun situations, I enjoyed seeing them squeeze out of tough situations and I think that kids would love it. The ending kind of sucked though, as it left you needing to read the next book to find out what happened. This is one major complaint in reading a series, when all the books only make sense when you read the other books, it can be difficult to find the whole series, so getting into it may prove a challenge.

I recommend this series to young kids.

For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com

Tony Peters

Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping

www.eloquentbooks.com/kidsonacase.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!