Saturday, July 11, 2009

Book Review- Martina Reisz Newberry- Perhaps You Could Breathe For Me

Martina Reisz Newberry- Perhaps You Could Breathe For Me (Xlibris 2009) 3.75 Stars

Martina Newberry has put together a beautiful collection of poems. Her poems flow smoothly, speaking of a variety of issues our world is dealing with. Martina makes you look at yourself in a different light, wanting to change the way you live and think about the world’s many problems. My favourite poem in this collection had to number 35, Surviving Sundown. It is a wonderful poem with a lot of imagery and shows much thought.
There were a few poems that had lines I wondered about, feeling that they did not quite fit into the main theme of the poem, which kind of threw me off. In a couple of others I was trying to get the rhythm and couldn’t quite find it, but maybe that’s just me.
Overall I loved the collection and would recommend it to poetry lovers around the world.

If you liked this review look for more at my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com

Tony Peters
Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping
www.eloquentbooks.com/kidsonacase.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!