Monday, July 27, 2009

Book Review- Jeffery Deaver- The Cold Moon


Jeffery Deaver- The Cold Moon (Simon & Schuster 2006) 3.75 Stars

The Watchmaker has come to New York City and he is leaving brutal murders in his wake. Lincoln Rhyme, a quadriplegic criminalist is hunting him using Detective Amelia Sachs to do the police work. Sachs however is on her first solo case and does not have a lot of time to help out, leaving Rhymes to look elsewhere for help.
This was a good solid mystery/thriller. The characters were strong and I found it interesting that the lead character was a quadriplegic criminalist. The novel had some good twists and turns that were great and not foreseen, although I was hoping for a little bit more that would grab my attention. It just was not as good as other Deaver novels, not having that ‘draw you in, shake you up and never let you go’ attitude.
I recommend The Cold Moon to mystery readers, and Deaver fans, not the greatest thriller if that’s what you are looking for.

For more of my reviews check out my website, http://www.tonypeters.webs.com/

Tony Peters
Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!