Sunday, July 18, 2010

Tietze's Syndrome

So three years ago I had a heart procedure done and afterwards I discovered that I also had a syndrome called Tietze's Syndrome, which mimicks heart attacks, this meant that I likely had it before but it was covered up by the heart condition (yes I know I am young for a heart condition, two procedures later and it is gone). The Tietze's Syndrome is an inflammation of the cartlidge around the chest cavity, and causes inflammation of your whole rib cage, causing extreme pain. This pain can last from hours to abot 12 weeks. It is so severe at times you can't even move, and it can make it difficult to breathe both from the pain and the swelling puttig pressure on the lungs. So the doctor at the time put me on strong pain killers and anti-inflammatories, did it help? No! He also told me to try an ice pack, did that work either? NO! When first discovered it lasteda few months. Since then I have only gotten short bouts of it. Well now it has been two weeks and it is hanging around for the long haul, extremely bad today, and guess who must work today?
It is agrravated from psychological stress, exertion of chest muscles, laughter, sneezing, coughing, and many other things like that (and guess who has to blow his nose from allergies?). There are many other causes, so pretty much the message is don't live and you will be free form pain! I am also busy working on house renos as we have a lot to do before we move in in one week. I have also been picking up extra shifts at work as I am guaranteed only 29 hours a week, now I have been getting enough hours for full time. I have a lot of things going on in my life right now that can cause this to flare up, and have no way to stop it. I also will not be able to slow down for at least a week yet, unless I want to have no place to live for a few weeks, what does this equal up to, a life of hell for maybe weeks on end...

Sorry I needed to vent and what better way to vent then air it for the world to hear! Everyone, I Tony Peters hate Tietze's Syndrome and refuse to stop living because of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!