Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Book Review- Steven James- The Knight



Steven James- The Knight (Revell Books 2009) 3.5 Stars



Patrick Bowers uses geographical profiling to hunt down the country’s most ruthless murderers, but this time he may have taken on more than he can handle. This killer is hunting him and ultimately leading him to what is supposed to be his death scene, the final segment in an ancient story of death and agony. People will keep dying until the story is complete and Bowers dies in the final act. Can Bowers solve the mystery and catch the killer before becoming a part just another victim to the story?



I was up and down about this one right from the second chapter. I enjoyed the introduction and loved how smart and capable the killer was. I also enjoyed how fast-paced and intense the plot was, but sadly that was hidden amongst family/personal scenes that slowed things down and distracted the reader from the case-at-hand. I do enjoy a little bit of personal, as it does give your character depth, but at what point has the reader had enough? An author must find the balance between too much personal and not enough personal, and Steven James seems to throw in on the too much side, which made it rather hard to stay enthused about the book. I did enjoy the villain in this one though as he was the kind of guy that you love to hate. I also thought it was good how not everything turns out quite the way Bowers would like it to. Most cases are 100% solved in books and everything turns out just great, I enjoyed how things turned out, but only to a certain point, I can’t really say more without giving out details, and I refuse to be a spoil-sport.



I recommend this to anyone who loves a lot of personal parts to thrillers.



For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com



Tony Peters


Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping


www.eloquentbooks.com/kidsonacase.html



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!