Saturday, April 3, 2010

Book Review- Roald Dahl- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory



Roald Dahl- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Puffin Books 1997) 4.5 Stars



When the Golden Ticket contest was announced Charlie Bucket, a poor boy whose family is barely surviving, does not think that he stands a chance in the world of winning. Much to his shock and amazement he finds money on the ground, after buying chocolate bars he discovers that he has found a Golden Ticket. Now he shall get to see inside Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory. Little does he know the crazy wonderment he will find inside!



I loved this timeless classic growing up and I have enjoyed it immensely as an adult now too. Charlie is a wonderful character with a lot for children to learn from, and Willy Wonka is so crazy that children have to love him. The storyline is simple and fun, drawing kids into the crazy world of imagination and wonder. What child doesn’t want to go inside a chocolate factory, let alone one so amazing? This book is a lot of fun, if any child has not read this they should definitely pick it up. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is a very well written book from a very talented author. I have heard many a child say that they love Roald Dahl and his books.



I would like to wish all of my readers a happy Easter.



For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com



Tony Peters


Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping


www.eloquentbooks.com/kidsonacase.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!