Sunday, November 1, 2009

James David Jordan- Double Cross



James David Jordan- Double Cross (B&H Publishing 2009) 3.25 Stars



Taylor Pasbury is looking into the death of Elise, the assistant to the famous televangelist Simon Mason. The evidence seems to point towards suicide and embezzlement of church funds, but Taylor doesn’t think it has been looked into enough, something isn’t right. Suddenly bullets start flying and Taylor appears to be the target. At the same time her estranged mother appears and wants to be back in her life, can Taylor deal with the case and the emotional rollercoaster her mother is sure to put her through?



Double Cross starts off really slow, but picks up as it goes on. I wouldn’t call it gripping, but it was interesting enough to keep me reading. The case was different from most cases you see in mysteries, which was good to see as the same-old-same-old can get boring. Taylor Pasbury is a great character with an unusual depth. She has a tough exterior and a gentle, sensitive inside. The plot was good, but I would have liked to have seen the storyline carry on at a faster pace, keeping the reader in suspense is very important. I loved the ending as I wasn’t sure just how it was going to play out, so it came as a bit of a surprise. The setting was nicely painted so that I could actually picture it in my head. Overall Double Cross was well-written and I would be interested in seeing what else James David Jordan can come up with.



I recommend Double Cross to mystery fans.



For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com



Tony Peters


Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping


www.eloquentbooks.com/kidsonacase.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!