Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Book Review- Tess Gerritsen- Bloodstream



Tess Gerritsen- Bloodstream (Pocket Books 1999) 3.25 Stars



Dr. Claire Elliot is trying to move beyond her families past. Moving to Tranquility, Maine was supposed to solve her problems; little did she know the sorrow that was lurking in Locust Lake, Tranquility’s tourist attraction. As teenagers start acting out in rage, one disaster after another hits Tranquility. She soon discovers that this has happened before, with much the same weather conditions. Now she must search for answers in a town where things stay hidden. Her search will end with answers that shock her; a conspiracy much deeper than she could have ever imagined.



I found Bloodstream hard to get into, and I am not exactly sure why. The plot and storyline were great, very deep and intriguing, and yet there was something that just did not grab my attention. The characters were wonderfully crafted, and some of them were very deep, with secrets that you found out about at just the right times. The setting was also very well done, Gerritsen paints a wonderful picture. The prologue was one that should have caught my eye right away, but again I say it did not. The ending was great, unexpected and not in the least bit predictable, except for the fact that you knew Dr. Elliot had to make the discovery. The rating that I gave it was based on the fact that I just couldn’t get into it, others may find themselves drawn in, aside form that factor I would have given it a higher rating.



I recommend that readers of suspense/thriller at least check out Bloodstream to form their own opinions on the matter.



For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com



Tony Peters


Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping


www.eloquentbooks.com/kidsonacase.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!