Thursday, November 19, 2009

Book Review- John Grisham- The Partner



John Grisham- The Partner (Island Books 1998) 3.5 Stars



After stealing ninety million dollars from his law firm Patrick Lanigan has been running for four years. He has been traveling around the world hiding from those who wish to hunt him down and get their money back. In Brazil they finally track him down. Now he is being hauled back to the States to face the trial of a lifetime. His lawyer is trying to come up with a defence, but he gets the feeling that he is not being presented with all the facts. Meanwhile Patrick’s lover and partner in crime, is working to set him free. Only one thing can possibly keep him from jail…the truth.



John Grisham has done a great job with this one. The Partner keeps you guessing all the way through, you never know all of the facts until the very last page. The reader finds out the facts as Lanigan’s lawyer finds them out, each and every detail is a shocker. You cannot possibly guess all of the twists involved in this novel. The characters in this novel are well-done, although I would have liked a little bit more depth. The plot was very intriguing and it was interesting to see how Lanigan could twist the system to work for his needs. I loved the introduction as it set the stage for everything in your mind. It grabbed your attention and made you want to know more, so you read on and you don’t want to stop. There is so much information and so many details to watch for that you need to pay attention while reading it. As much as I loved this book, I had one major complaint, the ending! The end of the book was disappointing, all that build up for that! I am still glad I read it though.



I recommend The Partner to Grisham fans and those who enjoy lawyer dramas.



For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com



Tony Peters


Kids on a Case: the case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping


www.eloquentbooks.com/kidsonacase.html


2 comments:

  1. Never came across such a thrilling book, Oh my --. I recommend this book to everyone. John Grisham is a great author of a kind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a book worm but, when I read "The Partner" few years back...I was extremely happy that I chose" The Partner" to read out of all books!!
    "The Partner" had me on end till the very end & there was so many twists & turns that kept me on the edge of my seat!! I was very impressed with this book & could not put it down!! I hope to read another book similar to this so, if anyone has any suggestions...Please Post!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!