Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Book Review- Robert Crais- L.A. Requiem


Robert Crais- L.A. Requiem (Ballantine Books 2000) 3.75 Stars

Private Investigator Joe Pike’s ex-girlfriend, Karen Garcia, has just turned up dead. Karen’s father, an important man on the city council, is calling on Pike and his partner Cole to work with the LAPD to find the killer. The pair suddenly finds themselves in a maze of conspiracy. This case could cost them more than just their jobs, or even their friendship, their lives are at stake.

This is a great thrill ride. L.A. Requiem has twists and turns that keep you guessing, and as a result it holds your attention. The storyline is very intriguing and I loved how it makes you wonder if you have the guilty party all figured out, only to discover that you only think you do. Joe Pike and Elvis Cole are both lovable characters. Pike is the dangerous, quiet sort, while Cole is the funny, quick-witted type. One thing I did find rather annoying is the flashbacks; I wish that Crais would find a different way of bringing these details into play, someway less distracting.

I would recommend L.A. Requiem to thriller/Robert Crais fans.

For more of my reviews check out my website, http://www.tonypeters.webs.com/

Tony Peters
Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping
www.eloquentbooks.com/kidsonacase.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!