Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Book Review- Steven James- The Pawn


Steven James- The Pawn (Revell 2007) 4.75 Stars

Bowers has been called to North Carolina to assist the police in hunting down a serial killer. Little does he know that the killer, the Illusionist, has suddenly taken a keen interest in the man sent in to find him. As Bowers investigates, he discovers that the Illusionist always seems to be just a few steps ahead of them, and that there may be more to the killings than had been originally apparent.

I was very impressed with The Pawn. The book grabbed my attention and refused to let up. The book took many unexpected turns which intrigued me, so that I never knew what to expect at any given time. The depth of the characters was also very impressive, I felt that I could meet them and know them already. The description of the setting seemed so picturesque and beautiful it made me want visit North Carolina. I can only hope that the sequel is just as well done.

I recommend this book to anyone who loves thrillers and mysteries.

For more of my reviews check out my website, http://www.tonypeters.webs.com/

Tony Peters
Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!