Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Book Review- Patricia Cornwell- Body of Evidence


Patricia Cornwell- Body of Evidence (Avon Books 1992) 3.25 Stars

Kay Scarpetta is a Chief Medical Examiner who has come across the murder of a noted novelist. As she becomes more involved she discovers people from the novelists past start to die as well. It doesn’t take long before the serial killer’s attention focuses on her. Can she solve the case and catch the killer before his attraction has the same fate as the novelist?

Not usually a fan of Cornwell, I decided to give Body of Evidence a try and was pleasantly surprised. I enjoyed the mystery work done by Kay Scarpetta, it showed a well-thought out plot. Kay is a likable main character, she is smart, quick witted, funny at times, and will not take crap from anybody. I also liked Marino the supporting character as the professional relationship between them was interesting enough to keep the book going. I did find that at times the book could be quite dry, but if I pushed passed those sections it did get better again. I also found that it could be kind of predictable, but not so much that you figured out exactly how it was going to play out.

I would recommend Body of evidence to Cornwell fans and mystery readers.

For more of my reviews check out my website, http://www.tonypeters.webs.com/

Tony Peters
Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!