Monday, August 10, 2009

Book Review- Thomas H. Cook- Red Leaves


Thomas H. Cook- Red Leaves (Harcourt Books 2005) 4 Stars

This book was recommended to me and I thank whoever did, it was a good read. I apologize for not remembering the recommender. Eric Moore’s life is going good, until one day a neighbour’s daughter disappears and his son becomes a suspect in the investigation. Suddenly he discovers family secrets and his perfect life falls apart. He begins questioning everyone in his life, wondering if they are who they say they are. He discovers that everyone has secrets and that he cannot take anyone at face value.

I enjoyed reading Red Leaves as it grabbed my attention early on, making me wonder just how his problem would be solved, if it was going to be solved. It had many flips that I did not see coming, only to bring the reader to a point of wondering if Eric Moore has guessed right or if he is jumping to conclusions. The characters were very well done, and the writing was great. I loved how the end was kind of unexpected. I would have loved to see more of the end instead of the cut scene that explained part of it, just keep the story going, don’t do the cut scene explanation.

I would recommend this book to mystery lovers, although it’s not really a mystery, also drama lovers, and Thomas Cook fans.

For more of my reviews check out my website, http://www.tonypeters.webs.com/

Tony Peters
Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!