Monday, August 31, 2009

Book Review- Marcus Wynne- Warrior in the Shadows


Marcus Wynne- Warrior in the Shadows (Forge 2002) 4.25 Stars

Alfie Woodard is a serial killer for hire with a weird way of doing his job. He uses his Australian Aboriginal spirituality to steal from his victims, eating a part of his victims and using their blood to paint pictures, which sends a clear warning message to his boss’ enemies. Charley Payne, ex-CIA, has begun taking photos for the police instead of using his gun, but when he becomes involved with Alfie’s murders he must hunt down the man responsible and put an end to it all, even if it means dying as well.

Having never heard of this author I wasn’t sure about this book when I picked it up, but boy was I surprised. Right page one I liked the main character Charlie Payne, he seemed fun, smart, and you find out later that he is also very tough. Once the mystery starts it will grip the reader and make putting it down very difficult. I loved the flow of the plot, you know that Alfie and Charlie have to meet in a deadly battle and you wonder just how it will happen. I also found it nice to see Australia, even if it was just a small glimpse.

I recommend this book to anyone who likes thrillers, or adventure books.

For more of my reviews, check out my website, http://www.tonypeters.webs.com/

Tony Peters
Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping


1 comment:

  1. Hey Tony! Thanks for your kind comments about my book -- much appreciated, especially from a fellow author! If you're not already, I invite you to join the International Thriller Writer's Organization, at www.internationalthrillerwriters.com. We need young blood! Take care, thanks again.

    cheers, Marcus

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!