Thursday, August 20, 2009

Book Review- James W. Huston- Secret Justice


James W. Huston- Secret Justice (HarperCollins 2003) 3.5 Stars

Lieutenant Kent “Rat” Rathman is after one of the world’s most wanted terrorists who is threatening to attack the U.S. Meanwhile he is also on trial as a political scapegoat for being suspected in torturing a man to find out information. If convicted his career will be over and he will be serving time in jail. Distarcted by the trial he still must work for those who are setting him up for disaster, just to save a country who doesn’t even know he exists.

I was surprised to find myself actually enjoying this book. It had action and courtroom drama going on at the same time. I found myself thinking that Rat actually deserved to be convicted, but kept wondering how his lawyer would get him off. I would have liked it better if there had not been so many things going on at one time, it got to be a little irritating at times. The plot though, was strong and well put together.

I recommend this to courtroom drama fans, and war book fans.

For more of my reviews check out my website, http://www.tonypeters.webs.com/

Tony Peters
Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!