Sunday, August 16, 2009

Book Review- Beverly Cleary- Ramona’s World

Beverly Cleary- Ramona’s World (HarperCollins 1999) 3.25 Stars

Ramona Quimby is now in the fourth grade and is finding out what it’s like to be a big sister. She has found a new best friend and is enjoying her life as a fourth grader, despite not being sure about her teacher and spelling. Beezus, her sister, is growing up and is taking interest in boys and fitting in.

Although I do enjoy this series, this will likely be the last of the series that I will read as it gets to be the same after a while. Beverly Cleary took this series a little bit farther than I think she should have, with a series you must know when to stop. As always I love the characters and the childlike viewing on things, it is very amusing.

I recommend this book to middle readers and anyone who loves Beverly Cleary’s writing.

For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com

Tony Peters
Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping
www.eloquentbooks.com/kidsonacase.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!