Friday, June 5, 2009

Book Review- Michael Phelps- The Execution of Justice


Michael Phelps- The Execution of Justice (Blue Line Publishing House 2008) 3.75 Stars

For a debut novel, Michael Phelps has outdone himself. The Execution of Justice gives a great in depth look at the life of a police officer. Mike Walsh must try to balance his work life and his home life, which I can only imagine must be extremely difficult for an officer of the law. Hardships hit and long hours at work take place as he goes through case after case, trying to catch the criminals who threaten his city. At the same time he must try to fight off and deal with the tensions that are slowly developing at home.
I found this book to be an insightful read and loved how much I learned about police life. It was very realistic, making it very clear that Michael Phelps has experience in the investigative field. The writing was well done and the characters were expertly developed. I was looking for more of a focused plot meaning that I would have liked to see one case take precedence, with the mention of other cases, but that may be just me.
Overall I really enjoyed this book and I recommend The Execution of Justice to anyone who is looking for a good read, looking to learn more about police detectives, or enjoy crime drama.

Thank you Michael for the chance to read this book, I look forward to seeing more of your work!

For more of my reviews got to http://www.tonypeters.webs.com/

Tony Peters
Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping
www.eloquentbooks.com/KidsonaCase.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!