Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Book Review- Ken Goddard- First Evidence


Ken Goddard- First Evidence (Bantam 2000) 2.75 Stars

Investigator Colin Cellars is hired to look into the disappearances of 24 people and several cops. In the area is an old friend of his whom he separated from because of a mutual flame. When he finds what he believes is his friend’s body, he quickly becomes a suspect. Nothing is as it seems though.
Generally I do not read science fiction and this book reminded me of why. The unrealistic situations are frustrating to say the least. Of course people who like sci-fi will likely disagree and enjoy this book more than I did. However they are not me and I definitely did not enjoy this novel. It had great and accurate police investigating and the main character was given a full and complete background, which is good, if only the other characters were given the same background, but the other characters were kind of weak. The plot was good for those who like science-fiction, and the dialogue was strong. The setting was given great descriptive paragraphs and I was able to get a good picture of the scenes.
Overall I did not enjoy this novel. I do recommend this book to science-fiction lovers as they will likely love it.

Tony Peters
Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping
www.eloquentbooks.com/KidsonaCase.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!