Sunday, June 7, 2009

Book Review- Judy Blume- Fudge-A-Mania


Judy Blume- Fudge-A-Mania (Dell Publishing 1991) 4.5 Stars

This is another classic from my childhood. Fudge-A-Mania is part of the Fudge series, which I love. In this novel, Fudge plans to marry Sheila Tubman, Peter’s worst enemy. Just when he thinks that things couldn’t get any worse, his parents announce their plans to go on holidays with the Tubman’s for three weeks. How will Peter manage to live through the summer?
This book had me laughing in so many places, making it a very enjoyable read. The well-known characters were expertly created once again, coming to life on every page. The dialogue fit the age of the characters in most parts. The plot was not intriguing, but served its purpose, which was mainly meant to be humorous and amusing. There was not a lot of scenic description, but considering it was for middle-readers it wasn’t really needed.
Overall I really loved this book. I recommend it to anyone looking for a good laugh, or an easy read. Children will love this book and I think that most adults will too!

For more of my reviews visit my website. http://www.tonypeters.webs.com/

Tony Peters
Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping
www.eloquentbooks.com/KidsonaCase.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!