Sunday, June 14, 2009

Book Review- Agatha Christie- Ten Little Indians

Agatha Christie- Ten Little Indians (also known as: And Then There Were None) (Pocket Books 1966) 3.75 Stars

This is a timeless classic that I loved. I do not tend to enjoy a lot of the older books, but this is one that I did. Ten people receive mysterious invitations to come to Indian Island. When they arrive there is no host and they are informed of why they are there by record. One by one they start dying and they realize that they may not make it off the island alive.
Agatha Christie is infamous for her novels and it isn’t for lack of talent. She has written Ten Little Indians quite well. The characters are given enough background to help you understand the motivating drives behind their actions. The plot was pretty basic, but well done. It was interesting to see how each person was murdered and how it tied into the nursery rhyme. It was also interesting to see how the killer pulled it all off. The ending of course is meant to be predictable and yet I still found that there were a few surprises that I did not see coming. I was a little annoyed by the fact that it jumped from perspective to perspective constantly, although I understand why Christie did it, it just got irritating. I also would have liked to see a bit more depth in the plot, as it did not seem as filled out as it could have been.
I recommend this book to anyone who loves Agatha Christie and mysteries.

For more of my reviews check out my website. www.tonypeters.webs.com

Tony Peters
Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping
www.eloquentbooks.com/KidsonaCase.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!