Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Book Review- Judy Blume- Superfudge


Judy Blume- Superfudge (Dell Publishing 1981) 5 Stars

I read this book many times as a child and decided to read it again. I sure am glad I did, it reminded me of just how much I love this book! Peter Hatcher’s life seems to fall apart when his parents announce that they are having another baby, and his dad puts his job on hold to move to Princeton for a year and write a book. Poor Peter now he has to make new friends and get used to a whole new town.
This book is a light read that always makes me laugh! I especially love Fudge’s friend Daniel. Daniel always asks people if they “want to make something of it”, in an attempt to seem tough, but when an older girl says yes, he cringes and begs her not to hurt him. Superfudge is excellently written and the plot flows flawlessly. The characters definitely act their age and seem very realistic and believable. Fudge always makes me laugh. The dialogue is very strong and adds to the storyline. Normally I would have at least one negative thing to say about a book, but I can’t really find a negative in Superfudge.
I recommend this classic to anyone who enjoys light-hearted novels, dramas, or is just looking for a good kid’s book for their children.

For more of my reviews check out my website. http://www.tonypeters.webs.com/

Tony Peters
Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping
www.eloquentbooks.com/KidsonaCase.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!