Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Allegiant by Veronica Roth

Allegiant by Veronica Roth 2.5 Stars

Tris and Tobias find themselves not happy with the outcome of their fight for freedom. Tobias' mother Evelyn takes over the tyrant role. Soon war is brewing once again. They now find the option of leaving the city as a viable option that must be explored. Leaving the city could have other unforeseen consequences and could further shatter the way of life they have always known. Sometimes finding out the truth is what destroys you, rather than setting you free.
I was a little disappointed with this book. It just did not captivate as the previous two books in this series did. I almost felt like the last three quarters of the book was not needed. The plot just seemed like it was not filled out like it should have been, and seemed rather forced at times, as if she was not sure what direction to take. Veronica Roth jumping back and forth from Tris to Tobias' perspectives was kind of distracting and annoying. If she wanted to do this then she should have written the series in 3rd person perspective to allow the freedom to do this. In fact this may have been the better way to write this anyway, it would have filled in details where they lacked. The characters as per usual for her writing, were very deep, and felt very real. I did not like the ending of this book either, it just felt dragged out, as if Veronica Roth could not decide how to end the book.
Overall I think this book actually turned me off of the whole series, this book is one I would not recommend.


1 comment:

  1. I debated reading these books, but haven't. Good to know!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!