Sunday, May 27, 2012

Book Review- Jules Verne- A Journey to the Center of the Earth


Jules Verne- A Journey to the Center of the Earth 3.25 Stars

Hardwigg and his nephew Harry are embarking on a quest to find the center of the Earth. Using their guide Hans, they descend into a Volcano down a tunnel that leads deep beneath the earth’s crust. The perilous journey has some unexpected trials, but leads them to the unimaginable.

A bit of a slow start to this book, I was questioning if I should be continuing. It never really picked up to a point that I was captivated by it, but it interested me enough to finish. It had some cool parts about what they discovered and experienced. Verne definitely had a great imagination and it shines through on every page. The ending though was a little to unrealistic for me, but it was a great unexpected twist. Overall I can now say that I have read this classic, but likely would not read it again.

For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com.

Tony Peters
Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!