Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Book Review- Charles De Lint- Little (Grrl) Lost


Charles De Lint- Little (Grrl) Lost (Viking 2007) 3.75 Stars

T.J. was forced to sell her best friend in the world, her horse Red, when they moved from their country home to the suburbs. Feeling all alone and friendless, she comes upon a Little by accident. Elizabeth is a teenage Little with attitude and she has just been found by a Big. Now her family is fleeing the house and she is finding out that living without family is not all that it is cracked up to be. There are rumours in the Little world of the ability for them to change into birds with the help of a Big author. Her curiosity leads the pair on an adventure that will test both of their spirits and change their lives forever.

I had read the Little series growing up, so it was interesting to find out more about the Littles years later. This Canadian author does a good job of expanding on the traditional Little view and giving them more depth. He adds a whole new dimension to the world and shows that Littles are not the only oddity in our world. I enjoyed the characters as they were very well crafted; although a couple of times their reactions could have been a bit more realistic. The plot was twisting and turning so you never knew just what they were going to come across next. I did find that I never became absolutely engrossed in the book, although that could be due to the fact that I don’t normally read fantasy. Overall though this was a good YA fantasy novel.

For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com.

Tony Peters

Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping

http://authortonypeters.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Off buy interesting idea in this novel... I had never heard of these.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!