Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Book Review- Sidney Sheldon- The Naked Face



Sidney Sheldon- The Naked Face (ebook 1970) 2.75 Stars



Dr. Judd Stevens, a psychiatrist, is comfortable with his practice and never would have imagined that one of his patients would be killed after borrowing his coat. Now the police are blaming him for the death and he must find a way to prove his innocence until it is too late. Things are heating up all around him and danger lurks around every corner.



I loved the introduction for this book. It grabbed my attention right away and made me think that this was going to be a great book, only to leave me disappointed. It held your interest somewhat, but really lacked that certain something that keeps you on the edge of your seat. It was also weighed down by a lot of useless information, like the number of patient sessions included (they could have been summarised to move things along). I was impressed by the obvious research of psychology. I really was not sure if McGreavy would have been allowed to remain on the case, considering his history/grudge against Stevens (the author did cover this). The cops seemed to use the fact that Stevens would not give his patient information to them as an excuse for suspecting him, which is not realistic as everybody knows that doctors cannot give out that kind of information. That being said though, the plot was pretty good, but I felt like more could have been done with it, especially making better twists. The characters were decent, but could have used a little strengthening. The conclusion was really not great, kind of like a cheesy movie scene (if you read any part of this book, read that, it will give you a good laugh).



For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com



Tony Peters


Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping

http://authortonypeters.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!