Sunday, January 2, 2011

Book Review- Doris Van Stone and Erwin W. Lutzer- Dorie: The Girl Nobody Loved

Doris Van Stone and Erwin W. Lutzer- Dorie: The Girl Nobody Loved (The Moody Bible Institute 1979) 3 Stars

Dorie’s mother did not want her, as it forced her into an early marriage. The emotional abuse was terrible and she was quickly sent to an orphanage. From there she was sent from one abusive home to another. When a group of Christians held a Bible study at the orphanage, she found the Lord and is now living a life of struggling between forgiveness and bitterness.

I loved the first section of this book. The author pours her heart out onto the pages. The story was captivating and my heart went out to her. I enjoyed seeing how she embraced religion and used it to keep her sanity throughout her trials. Once the first half of the book was over though, it became more about her religious life and it was kind of tedious. I found that it kind of dragged at many sections. I would only recommend this book if you enjoy deeply religious books.

For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com

Tony Peters

Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping

http://authortonypeters.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!