Thursday, October 28, 2010

Book Review- Ridley Pearson- Steel Trapp: The Challenge



Ridley Pearson- Steel Trapp: The Challenge (Disney Editions 2008) 4 Stars



When Steven Steel Trapp gets to go to the National Science Challenge, he does not expect to be running from both the law and criminals. After trying to do a good thing by running a briefcase back to the owner, he now finds himself trapped in something he cannot stop. He has snuck a look inside the briefcase and is shocked by what he has seen. A new found friend, Kaileigh Augustine, assists him in trying to solve this case, before time runs out.



I really enjoyed reading this book. It had a good introduction that draws the reader in and makes them want to read more. The characters were interesting and I do not think that young readers will have any trouble connecting with them. Although not likely to happen, the situations were realistic in nature. It was a fast-paced, action-packed book, with a great plot. One think that I did think was very realistic was the fact that Kaileigh was able to get away from her “nanny” and remain undiscovered, I am pretty sure that she would have had trouble travelling on her own and not attract attention at that young of an age. Overall though it was a pretty solid read for young adults, and I would have no problem recommending it.



For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com



Tony Peters


Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping

http://authortonypeters.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!