Friday, August 28, 2009

Book Review- Sue Grafton- “Q” is for Quarry


Sue Grafton- “Q” is for Quarry (G. P. Putnam's Sons 2002) 3.75 Stars

Hired to assist the police in a cold case investigation, Kinsey must first figure out who the Jane Doe was. She works with a couple of cops looking to retire, both of them with health problems, leaving her babysitting while trying to gather whatever clues she can.

As usual her plot elements are strong. Grafton has put together a great storyline based on an actual murder involving a yet to be identified Jane Doe. I did find that her characters were a little bit weak and the clues just came a little bit too easily. The ending was pretty good, as I only saw part of it coming. I did like the fact that it was based on an actual murder and yet she did not try to do a non-fiction work, as I find non-fiction investigations a little tedious at times.

I would recommend this novel to mystery fans and Sue Grafton fans.

For more of my reviews, check out my website, http://www.tonypeters.webs.com/

Tony Peters
Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below. I would love to hear your opinion on my posts!